The Joanneum-Card (Joanneumskarte) is a membership card for the Universalmuseum Joanneum and grants entry to all museum sites as well as additional benefits for 12 months at a great price.
The webpage provides detailed information on the benefits provided, the four different subscription levels (individual, partner, family, young adult) and two optional extension packages (Bring a Friend, Club Kunsthaus):
- Free admission to all sites and exhibitions of the Universalmuseum Joanneum
- Exclusive bonus event every month (in German)
- Free brochure of our monthly programme (via E-Mail or Print, in German)
- Up to 10 % discount at our Museum Shops
- Discounts on events at the Museumsakademie (full price)
- Up to 100 free art education programmes in German per year for the whole family (except for Wirbel in der Bubble, Sommerwoche and Glanzlichter)
- 10 % discount on children’s birthday parties
- Includes Club Kunsthaus membership
- Free borrowing of books and electronic media at the Steiermärkische Landesbibliothek
- Free admission to all Austrian State Museums
- Discount tickets at Graz Museum, Österreichische Galerie Belvedere, MUMOK Wien, Essl Museum Klosterneuburg, MdM Salzburg
- NEW: 10 % discount on Abenteuer Erzberg tickets (full price, groups excluded, cannot be combined with other discounts)
Choose your extensions:
In addition to the basic functions of your card, you can still choose from 2 extensions with added benefits you can enjoy:
- Bring a Friend: Enjoy your museum visits accompanied by a person of your choice (valid for all sites of the Joanneum as well as for the bonus event every month)
- Club Kunsthaus: Enjoy exclusive exhibition previews, curator guided tours as well as fascinating art exkursions
Online User Experience
Currently, visitors can purchase the Joanneum-Card by choosing one of four different online forms and pay via Paypal.
In the near future, a new and optimized online form will provide the option to simply chose the subscription level, provide contact data with a multi-step process and pay via online banking. In addition, the new form will allow us to mirror price discounts we are currently unable to offer online. The new form will focus on ease of use and provide support for mobile devices.
The “Jahreskarte” was first introduced in 2010 and the term “Joanneumskarte” was adapted in 2012 due to extensive additions to the services provided, as described in this article on Museumsblog (DE). To ensure visitors will find our product using either search term, the webpage references both keywords, but describes the Joanneum-Card as more than just an annual subscription (Jahreskarte).